Osaka is the second largest city in Japan. Its metropolitan area is highly ranked in the world, with nearly 18 million people. The tourist attractions include: Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan (famous for the world's second-largest aquarium tank), Universal Studios Japan, Osaka Castle Park, Shitennō-ji(the oldest buddhist temple in Japan, established in 593 AD), etc. Also, other famous tourist cities, Kyoto, Nara, and Kobe are only 30-minute distance by local train.
Although the Big Earthquake has destroyed several cities in Eastern Japan, Osaka, which is located in Western Japan, has no damage. Since Osaka is more than 600km (400miles) away from the Fukushima Daiichi Power plant, the city of Osaka has no radiation damage.
Webcam in Osaka
- Japan World Expo 70 park: neaby Osaka Univesity Suita Campus (Conference Venue)
- Nakanoshima, Osaka City: Central Business District in Osaka City
- Yao Airport: Osaka local airport for small planes
- Kansai University: private university close to Osaka University Suita campus
- Kyoritsu Eleshop: Electrical parts shop in Nipponbashi Electronic Town in Osaka City