International Workshop on Advances in Networking and Computing (WANC)
to be held in conjunction with ICNC'10, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan, November 17-19, 2010
The main goal of this workshop is to provide a timely forum for the exchange and dissemination of new ideas, techniques and research in all fields of networking and computing. In particular, we expect submissions based on research done by students.
Final Manuscript Submission and registration
Prospective authors are encouraged to submit an electronic version of an original, unpublished manuscript in PDF using EasyChair by
July 10, 2010 July 25, 2010. If you do not have an EasyChair account, you must create it first.
We accept two types of papers: Short Papers and Poster Papers.
Submissions should include abstract, key words, the e-mail address of the corresponding author.
Short papers and Poster papers must not exceed 4 and 2 pages using IEEE two-column format, respectively.
The title in the first page must be ended with “(short paper)” or “(poster paper)” to specify a type of submission.
Submissions imply the willingness of at least one author to register, attend the workshop, and present the paper.
Accepted and presented papers will be published by Conference Publishing Service and archived to IEEE Xplore and CSDL digital libraries. Also they are arranged for indexing through INSPEC, EI (Compendex), Thomson ISI, and other indexing services.
We plan to publish full versions of selected papers from WANC'10 in IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems(IEICE-ED) and International Journal of Networking and Computing(http://ijnc.org/). Papers submitted to these special issues must have significant additional materials and improvement over ICNC'10 papers.
IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems
The IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems announces a forthcomming Special Section on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networking to be published on December, 2011. The special section will include papers based on the presentation at ICNC'10. The submission due is December 24, 2010. Please see PDF for the details.
International Journal of Networking and Computing
Special Issue on Selected Papers from ICNC'10
Authors of ICNC'10 are invited to submit the extended version of WANC'10 papers to email@example.com by January 15, 2011. Submitted papers are reviewed, and accepted papers will be published in June 2011 issue of IJNC.
July 10, 2010July 25, 2010
- Notification of paper acceptance: August 15, 2010
- Submission of camera-ready papers: September 10, 2010
- Workshop co-chairs
- Satoshi Fujita, Hiroshima University
- Shuichi Ichikawa, TUT
- Koji Nakano, Hiroshima University
- Program co-chairs
- Toshio Hirotsu, Hosei University
- Yasuaki Ito, Hiroshima University
- Hirotsugu Kakugawa, Osaka University
- Takashi Yokota, Utsunomiya University
- Program Committee
- Reiji Aibara, Hiroshima University
- Sayaka Kamei, Hiroshima University
- Kazufumi Kaneda, Hiroshima University
- Tetsushi Koide, Hiroshima University
- Tohru Kondo, Hiroshima University
- Hans Juergen Mattausch, Hiroshima University
- Yasuhiko Morimoto, Hiroshima University
- Kouji Nishimura, Hiroshima University
- Bisser Raytchev, Hiroshima University
- Daisuke Takafuji, Hiroshima University
- Toru Tamaki, Hiroshima University
- Satoshi Taoka, Hiroshima University
- Toshimasa Watanabe, Hiroshima University
- Session Chair: Tatsuhiro Tsuchiya
- Control Independence Using Dual Renaming, Lin Meng, Shigeru Oyanagi
- Inconsistency Detection System for Security Policy and Firewall Policy Yi Yin, Xiaodong Xu, Yoshiaki Katayama, Naohisa Takahashi
- Session Chair: Yoshiaki Katayama
- OpenWeb: Seamless Proxy Interconnection at the Switching Layer, Yoshio Sakurauchi, Rick McGeer, Hideyuki Takada
- Balance and Proximity-Aware Skip Graph Construction, Fuminori Makikawa, Tatsuhiro Tsuchiya, Tohru Kikuno
- “Mesh-of-Tori”: A Novel Interconnection Network for Frontal Plane Cellular Processors, Abhijeet A. Ravankar, Stanislav G. Sedukhin
12:20-13:30 (Poster Session and Lunch)
- Session Chair: Koji Nakano
- Efficient Canny Edge Detection using a GPU, Kohei Ogawa, Yasuaki Ito, Koji Nakano
- Implementation of SIVARM: a Simple VMM for the ARM Architecture, Akihiro Suzuki, Shuichi Oikawa
- Improving Hybrid OpenCL Performance by High Speed Networks, Ryo Aoki, Shuichi Oikawa, Ryoji Tsuchiyama, Takashi Nakamura
- Article Recommender for Feed Readers with a Loss Compensation Based on the TF-IDF Weight, Daichi Yokota, Satoshi Fujita
- Design an Implementation of Bee Hive in a Mult-Agent Based Resource Discovery Method in P2P Systems, Jun Yamasaki, Yasushi Kambayashi
- Session Chair: Satoshi Taoka
- Matrix Multiply-add in min-plus algebra on a short-vector SIMD processor of Cell/B.E., Kazuya Matsumoto, Stanislav G. Sedukhin
- Maximizing Image Utilization in Photomosaics, Michihiro Mikamo, Marcos Slomp, Shungo Yanase, Bisser Raytchev, Toru Tamaki, Kazufumi Kaneda