2nd International Workshop on Applications and Fundamentals of Cellular Automata
To be held in conjunction with CANDAR'14, Shizuoka, Japan, December 10-12, 2014.
This workshop is launched in honor of Professor Morita's retirement from Hiroshima university in March 2013. The main goal of this workshop is to provide a timely forum for the discussion of new ideas in the field of application and theory of cellular automata and unconventional computing.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- Applicational aspects of cellular automata and cellular automata based systems, such as modeling of biological, physical or chemical systems, traffic modeling, agent-based systems, implementations of cellular automata,
- Theoretical aspects of cellular automata, such as basic properties of cellular automata, cellular automata based algorithms, models of unconventional computing, natural computing, complex systems, artificial life.
- Regular paper: 5-7 pages
- Poster paper: 3-4 pages
Please see Workshop Paper Submission Instruction.
The conference and workshop proceedings will be published by Conference Publishing Service and submitted to IEEE Xplore and CSDL digital libraries. Also they are submitted for indexing through INSPEC, EI (Compendex), Thomson ISI, and other indexing services.
- Speaker: Maurice Margenstern (Université de Lorraine)
- Title: About universal cellular automata in the hyperbolic plane
- Please see AFCA Keynote.
We plan to publish extended versions of selected papers from CANDAR'14 main conference and workshops. Please see Special Issue for the details.
Please see Schedule for the workshop abstract submission due and the workshop paper submission due.
- Katsunobu Imai (Hiroshima University, Japan)
- Ferdinand Peper (NICT, Japan)
- Hiroshi Umeo (Osaka Electro-Communication University, Japan)
- Susumu Adachi (Kanazawa Institute of Technology)
- Katsunobu Imai (Hiroshima University)
- Shuichi Inokuchi (Fukuoka Institute of Technology)
- Teijiro Isokawa (University of Hyogo)
- Chuzo Iwamoto (Hiroshima University)
- Eisuke Kita (Nagoya University)
- Toshihiko Komatsuzaki (Kanazawa University)
- Jia Lee (Chongqing University)
- Takao Namiki (Hokkaido University)
- Ferdinand Peper (NICT)
- Toshihiko Shiraishi (Yokohama National University)
- Georgios Ch. Sirakoulis (Democritus University of Thrace)
- Hiroshi Umeo (Osaka Electro-Communication University)